This module has four main sections.
- TABLE SECTION
- CUSTOMER SEARCH
- CUSTOMER TICKET
You can do billing, receive orders, handle deliveries etc. using this section. To learn about this section
- Go to MAIN MENU.
- Click on POS.
Now you will get a window like this.
If a table has invoices related to it, then that table will be visible in ORANGE color. Below picture shows T1 or TABLE 1 has a customer. That is why its color is distinguishable.
First let’s learn about TABLES.
By default the restaurant area is divided in to three. You can customize the area in settings. Each area will have a specific number of tables and each table will have specific number of seats. All these things are customizable.
- For instance if you have selected table T1, then all seats allotted to T1 will be displayed.
- Seats are named as 1, 2, and 3 and so on. Click on the seat number that you want to choose.
- Here is where you could see all the departments and products that you have created in the beginning part of the tutorial.
- If a customer approaches you to order 3 Chicken Biriyani and one Pineapple juice, let’s see how you are going to process the bill using ZKPOS.
- In the picture above you can see all departments listed in a vertical format. All products in Juice Department were listed by default. You can expand other departments just by clicking on them. Click on Biriyani to expand the products in Biriyani.
- If you have enabled BARCODE SCANNER in UTILITY, then instead of the above window you will get a window as below when you select a seat.
- If you know the barcode of items then you can search it in the search field provided. To do that enter the barcode of the item in the search field and press ENTER button.
- Otherwise you need to disable barcode by clicking on DISABLE BARCODE.
- To select 3 chicken Biriyani, expand Biriyani department.
- Click on KEYPAD menu.
- To add 2 Biriyani, you need to click on 2 in the keypad.
- Now click on Chicken.
- Now 2 Chicken Biriyani has been added.
- Next you have to add a pineapple juice. For that expand juice department and click on pineapple.
- If there is any extra charge, you need to select it from a dropdown at the top left portion of the screen. By default none will be selected. In this way you can add extra charge by percentage. After selecting the extra charge click on the item that you want to add.
- You can also add extra charge by amount, but you need to add it while settling the bill.
- Now let’s learn to settle the bill. Click on SETTLE button.
- Your order details with total amount will be displayed.
- You have add any extra charge amount, then click on EXTRA CHARGE button.
- All saved extra charges will be displayed on a new popup window. Select the relevant extra charge from the list and click OK.
- The extra charge amount will be added to the total amount.
- If the customer is going to pay the exact amount in the bill, then click on the ALL button.
- Now select the payment option that customer prefers (cash/card/voucher). If the customer has created a customer account, then he/she can pay the bill using customer account.
- Just click on the preferred payment option to settle the amount. If user prefers customer account, click on customer account button and the amount will saved to customer’s account. She/he can pay the bill some other time. To view the customer account details, go to customer search select the customer and click on CUSTOMER ACCOUNT button. Click here to view more details.
- You can see a buttons named HALF and 1/n. The customer have choice to pay the bill half by any of the payment options. Click HALF button to view the half of the total invoice amount.
- To divide your total invoice amount with a number, click on a number and then 1/n. for example click on 5 and then click 1/n.
- Some customers will visit as a group. But bill settlement may done by one of them. So at the end of a month or week you cannot view the increment in customer visit. That’s why we have placed an extra button GUEST to add the customer number in each invoice. Click on GUEST button and enter the guest count in the field that appears. Then click OK.
- Sometimes you may like to print a temporary bill for the customer. To do so just click on the TEMPORARY BILL button.
- The next step is to send the orders to the kitchen manager, for that click on the SEND ORDERS button.
- In the new window, select a food server and set the order priority whether urgent/normal/low.
- Now click on the OK button.
- Now your orders has been submitted. The status of your order remains unpaid until the customer settle the bill.
- If the customer want to change the table, then click on the CHANGE TABLE button.
- Now you can choose another table based on customer’s interest.
- Now table has been changed.
- If the order is made by a regular customer and you have the customer’s details in your zkpos, then you have an option to choose the customer. To do so, click on the SELECT CUSTOMER button
- Now list of saved customer will be displayed. Select required customer from the list.
- Now click on the SELECT CUSTOMER button.
- The selected customer’s name will be displayed with invoice. You can change the customer by clicking on CHANGE CUSTOMER button.
- There is an option to merge another invoice with current invoice thereby settling both at the same time. You can use MERGE button for that purpose.
- Select the INVOICE that you want to merge with current invoice and click OK.
- Now the selected invoice will get merged with your current invoice. Total will be updated based on the merged invoice amount.
- Next button is TICKET NOTE. If you want to add any comments to your invoice, then click on the TICKET NOTE button.
- Type your comment using the keypad displayed.
- Click SAVE button.
- In some cases your customer may request you to return the order. You can use RETURN button to do the action.
- Click on RETURN BUTTON. You need admin privilege to do the action.
- Enter Admin Password.
- Enter the Invoice Number and click ENTER button
- A new popup will appear. If you want to return all items, then click on YES otherwise click NO.
- If you want to return any specific items, click NO button. All products in that invoice will get displayed in the left of the screen.
- Choose the items that you want to return by clicking on it. The items will be removed from the list.
- After removing necessary items, click SETTLE button.
- The Amount will be a negative value since you have to return the amount to the customer.
- Click ALL to enter amount.
- Then select the PAYMENT OPTION card/cash/voucher.
- The amount will be settled. You can take a print if necessary.
- Click CLOSE button to go to main.
- Again select a table and seat.
- Now select any products, let’s learn how to set an order priority and send the order. The Kitchen manager and food server will not get the order details until you click on SEND ORDER button.
- For that select some products and click on ORDER PRIORITY.
- You can choose from Low/ Medium/ Urgent.
- Click OK.
- Now click on SEND ORDER button to submit your order.
- Now your orders has been submitted.
- To add a new order click on NEW button.
- In this way you can manage your orders.
Now you will be redirected to the main part of pos module.
- Go to MAIN MENU.
- Click on POS menu.
- Select CUSTOMER SEARCH button.
- You can see every customers in a grid as shown above.
- To EDIT the customer details, select the customer.
- Now click on the EDIT CUSTOMER button.
- If you want create a customer account then click CREATE ACCOUNT button. If you create an account for a customer then the customer can add the invoice to his/her account and then settle the invoice amount later.
- There is one more advantage for creating a customer account. That is, you can create a login id and password for the customer so that he/she can create order by himself.
- After creating customer account here, go to settings and click on customers. All saved customer details will the there. Choose the customer with a customer account and click on ADD PASSWORD button. You can view detailed information in (ADD A NEW CUSTOMER).
- Now continue editing and after making necessary changes, click SAVE button.
- To ADD a new customer Click NEW CUSTOMER button.
- Enter all details and then SAVE it.
- Suppose if a customer want to pay Advance Amount, you can do it by selecting the customer from the list and then click on the ADVANCE button in CUSTOMER SEARCH window.
- Customer name will be there by default.
- Enter the ADVANCE AMOUNT that customer want to pay.
- Then choose whether he want to pay through CASH or CARD. Now the ADVANCE AMOUNT is saved.
- To delete the entry click on the DELETE button.
- Click YES and close the window by clicking on the CLOSE button.
- If the customer have any previous pending invoices, you can view them from customer account details. To view that select any customer.
- Now click on the ACCOUNT DETAILS button.
- All debits from this account will be displayed now.
- To view the invoices associated with any of them, click on it and then click FIND TICKET.
- Now you will be redirected to the POS section.
- If the customer want to close that invoice, you can settle it from the above window by clicking on the SETTLE button. Otherwise settle the amount from customer account details window. To do that, select any invoice from the customer account details.
- Now choose he/she want to pay by cash or card. Click on it.
- Enter the amount that customer wish to pay.
- Click SAVE button.
- Now the entered amount will be deducted from customer’s total amount.
The customers whose details are stored already in ZKPOS is viewable in this section.
- Go to MAIN MENU.
- Click on POS.
- You can see a CUSTOMER TICKET menu, on the top of the window, click on it.
- You can see a customer whose status is unpaid in the picture. Click on it to view the invoices associated with that customer.
- If you click on any of the invoices you will be redirected to the PRODUCT window. Then you could see his/her orders and total pending amount.
- You can settle the bill as you have done earlier.
This is another special functionality of ZKPOS, a window where you can see those customers whose bill were not paid yet.
- Go to MAIN MENU.
- Click on POS.
- You can see a button named DELIVERY on the top left corner, click on it.
- To add a new delivery order, click on ADD DELIVERY button.
- Select the delivery boy and click OK.
- Choose the customer from the grid and click on SELECT CUSTOMER button.
- Now you will be redirected to the PRODUCTS window. Choose whatever customer want.
- Now set the order priority and then click SEND ORDERS button to send the order to the kitchen manager or food server.
- Now settle the bill by clicking on the SETTLE button.
- Now click on the CLOSE button, you will come back to DELIVERY WINDOW. To view the delivery details, click on the delivery button.
- Now you can see the delivery details.
- You can see the unpaid delivery orders in ORDERS.
- If you want to see paid orders, click CONFIRMED ORDERS button.
- Now to add a new take away order, click on TAKE AWAY button.
- Choose the product and click SEND ORDERS button.
- Click SETTLE button to settle the amount.
- Now click CLOSE button to return back to DELIVERY window.
- To view your order click on the CONFIRMED ORDERS BUTTON and then click on TAKE AWAY button.
Some customers may request for delivery services, here you can manage everything related to delivery services
Learn About Work Period
Work period section is for viewing the working duration of currently logged in user. Before starting POS operations, work period must be started. All the previous work periods of logged in user will be displayed in the main screen of work period. In our shop if a cashier is available from 9 – 5 and another cashier continuous to work, let’s see how the first cashier closes his work period.
- LOGIN using your User ID and Password.
- If you logged in as ADMIN you can have access to everything in the ZKPOS. If you are a cashier or any other user you will have only limited accessibility.
- If you are logged in as Cashier, you need petty cash to give to the customers, so before start working Admin should grant the petty cash for the cashier. Let’s look at how an ADMIN can provide petty cash to the CASHIER.
- For that, login as ADMIN.
- Go to SETTINGS.
- Enable PETTY CASH ADVANCE in the UTILITY. Update it.
- Now logout and login as CASHIER.
- Click on WORK PERIOD button.
- To start working click on START WORK PERIOD.
- This time you have to provide the petty cash advance before start working. Provide a description and then start WORK PERIOD.
- Now to End work period, Go to MAIN MENU.
- Click on WORK PERIOD.
- In the left side you can see an END WORK PERIOD button. Click on it.
- Specify the BALANCE PETTY CASH in the field provided.
- Specify the reason to end work period and then click END WORK PERIOD button.
- Click OK.
- You can view this report from WORK PERIOD REPORT.
Below picture shows the MAIN MENU in ZKPOS, logged in by ADMIN.
This Section Contains Summary of all the accounts managed in this POS Software which is only visible to Admin. Total Debit and Total Credit for each accounts are displayed.
- Login as ADMIN.
- Click on the ACCOUNTS menu.
- You can select FROM DATE and TO DATE to view the account details. Click on the SEARCH button.
- There is also a print option.
- To get detailed view of the accounts click on the ACCOUNT DETAILS.
- Detailed List of Transactions associated with each accounts can also be displayed. There are options to search transactions in current week, current month, last week, last month etc. Accounts summary and transactions summary can be printed.
- Select the FROM DATE and TO DATE. You can view all the details about transactions happened during that interval.
- To come back to the Accounts window, Click BACK button.
- You can see a DAY CLOSE button in the MAIN MENU. This option is only available to ADMIN.
- Click on DAY CLOSE.
- You can see ADMIN is displayed and CASHIER.
- As you see, there are three transactions and two is done by ADMIN and one by CASHIER.
- You can see the INVOICE AMOUNT in the AMOUNT column. You need to enter the amount that you received from the customer in RECEIVED AMOUNT column.
- Now click on DAY CLOSE button.
- Confirm the day close by choosing YES. If there is any unprocessed bill another popup will show up and you need to confirm it too by clicking CONTINUE
- To complete the process you need to enter the ADMIN PASSWORD.
- Now day close is updated successfully. If you want see the day close report go to SETTINGS, From the report options choose DAY CLOSE REPORT
In our business we can either close day-to-day activities or close two days activities together. Let’s look how to do it. It helps to find the difference between billed and received amount of each user for the current closing day.
- Go to MAIN MENU.
- Click on TICKETS button on the top left corner.
- Select FROM date and TO date.
- You can select the TICKET TYPE from the dropdown.
- You can see the INVOICE NUMBER, TICKET TYPE, DATE, TIME, USER, TOTAL AMOUNT etc.
- If you click on any of them, you can see the products associated with that invoice.
- There is an option to PRINT the ticket details.
- If you know the invoice number, you can search it by using the SEARCH button.
Tickets indicate orders. It contains current day’s paid or unpaid invoices and previous day’s paid invoices. Tickets will be shown under the conditions selected by ADMIN/USER.
Now all invoices between the selected dates will be displayed.
- Go to MAIN MENU.
- Click on DASHBOARD.
- Expand each order by clicking on it.
- When the items are ready to deliver kitchen manager can change the status of the order to READY TO DELIVERY.
- If the status of the order changed to READY TO DELIVERY, food server can serve it for the customer and change the status to DELIVERED.
- Then click OK, details will be updated.
- Those orders with status as “READY TO DELIVERY” can be viewed by clicking on FOOD SERVER button.
- He too can expand the order details by clicking on it, if the order has delivered, he can update the status to “DELIVERED”.
- If you want to access ZKSTORE you need to login to registered account. If you don’t have one, then create one using REGISTER link.
- After registration you will get one username and password, you can use it for login to ZK STORE.
Dashboard is available ADMIN. ADMIN can view the orders that have been sent to the kitchen and to food server and also the status of the order. He can view all the active tickets in this section. For instance, suppose an order has been send to the kitchen, then the kitchen manager and food server can know what the orders are and the order priorities.
Now, all the active orders will display based on priority. URGENT orders will display first and then NORMAL and finally orders with LOW priority.
There are also options for ORDER CANCELLING, ORDER MODIFICATIONS, PENDING or DELIVERED.
You can LOGOUT from ZKPOS by clicking on the LOGOUT button.
You will be redirected to LOGIN section.